- Revive Your Farming Fantasy: Stardew Valley Board Game Re-Release Beckons! Exciting news, farm-life enthusiasts! The third edition of the much-loved Stardew Valley: The Board Game is soon set for a re-release. If you've been yearning to dive into the quaint, rural charm of the critically-acclaimed indie video game in a tangible format, this is your golden opportunity! The widely embraced coop tabletop adventure, which sold out on previous occasions, is all prepped for a fresh appeal.
This reimagining of the illustrious Stardew Valley offers an immersive tabletop experience, closely echoing its digital counterpart. Accommodating up to four players, the game maintains significant elements from the original, from raising livestock to socializing... Continue reading
- Harmonizing Technology: Alexa and Google Assistant Join Forces in New Speaker Lineup In an unprecedented move, the technology giants Amazon and Google have demonstrated remarkable collaboration. Their competitive voice assistant platforms, Alexa and Google Assistant, are now coming together in a new product released by Harman. The new additions to the JBL Authentics speaker lineup, set to be launched on September 17, are integrated with both, a first-of-its-kind innovation.
This is a significant shift from the past, where Google has consistently held its ground, refusing manufacturers the ability to blend Google Assistant and Alexa into smart devices. The only exception had previously been Sonos. Google's refusal stemmed from the advantage they leveraged from... Continue reading
- DLC in Disguise: Modern Warfare 3 Code Reveals Its True Nature The highly anticipated Modern Warfare 3 has been the topic of many conversations in the gaming community as of late, but not for the reasons Activision may have hoped for. Recent deep dives into the game's code have led to some intriguing discoveries that challenge preconceived notions about the nature of the new title.
Thanks to a deep investigation carried out by Insider Gaming in collaboration with PlayStationSize on Twitter, it has been revealed that Modern Warfare 3 hews much closer to Modern Warfare 2 than expected. Much of the content for the new title is expected to be delivered through... Continue reading
- Meta Bridges the Gap: Verifying Threads Profile on Mastodon As the sphere of social media continues to evolve, it strives to facilitate connections and collaborations. A prime example of this evolution is Meta, previously known as Facebook, which is now providing its users with the ability to authenticate their Threads profile on Mastodon.
Meta has introduced a bit of the diverse into their platform by permitting users to validate their Threads profile on Mastodon, which is quite an achievement. This upgrade was executed through the implementation of “rel=me” links, an effective technique to discern an association between two digital accounts that reciprocally point to each other.
Verifying a Threads profile on... Continue reading
- Activision's Anti-Cheat Software Ricochet Successfully Blacklists 14,000 Cheats in a Day Activision's anti-cheat software, Ricochet, has made significant strides in enhancing the gaming experience for Call of Duty players. Recently, the software reportedly blacklisted over 14,000 cheats in just one day. Activision announced this accomplishment through their official social media channels, following the introduction of new features designed to directly target and thwart cheat developers.
The company has been actively pursuing cheat developers, sending out legal notices, and forcing several troublesome platforms to shut down. Despite these actions, the gaming landscape is far from perfect. A recent issue arose when the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 was allegedly infected with a... Continue reading
- Elon Musk’s Dream of a Western Super-App – A Futile Chase? Elon Musk's vision of transforming Twitter, now rebranded as "X," into an all-encompassing app similar to China's WeChat seems more like a pipe dream given the prevailing socio-economic and political conditions. The new CEO, Linda Yacarino, has expressed Musk's ambition for X to be a one-stop platform for audio, video, messaging, and banking services, mirroring WeChat's capabilities. Such an app, Musk believes, would revolutionize the Western digital world, much like WeChat's dominance in China.
However, replicating the success story of WeChat in the West might not be as straightforward as Musk envisions. Previous attempts by tech giants like Meta and Alphabet... Continue reading
- India's Big Bet: A Hefty 28% Tax on Mobile Gaming The Indian government has recently decided to exact a sizable 28% tax on all online gaming activities. Announced during the 50th meeting in New Delhi, this decision equates online gaming with gambling activities such as casinos and horse racing. This dramatic move indicates a significant shift in the perspective and regulation of the online gaming industry.
Predominantly, the mobile gaming sector is poised to feel the brunt of this controversial decision. India’s mobile gaming landscape has been flourishing, with hypercasual games and social casino games stealing the show. Specifically, there was a 32% rise in hypercasual game installations in India in... Continue reading
- Patch 1.03 has been released for Final Fantasy XVI, bringing a highly anticipated solution At long last, players can now customize the motion blur in Square Enix's action game. The latest update, 1.03, was announced on the official Final Fantasy XVI Twitter account this morning. This highly anticipated feature has been frequently requested by PlayStation 5 players, as the previous inability to adjust or remove the motion blur caused discomfort and even motion sickness for some. Thankfully, those days are now over, allowing players to fully immerse themselves in Clive Rosfield's story without any physical discomfort.
The latest update for Final Fantasy XVI, Patch 1.03, includes the following changes:
The System tab in the Main Menu... Continue reading
- Ubisoft Rumored to be Creating a Remake of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag In an industry that constantly evolves, a decade seems sufficient for a game to transition into a classic, as suggested by the rumored remake of the 2013's Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. According to a report from Kotaku, Ubisoft may be in the initial stages of remaking this esteemed entry of the franchise, placing it next to The Last Of Us Part 1 as another potential remake from the same year.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is fondly remembered by many fans for transporting the series' signature stealth action to the high seas. The game offered players the exhilarating experience of... Continue reading
- Musk's Twitter Revolution: The Saga Continues Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter has been nothing short of dramatic, with the tech billionaire implementing a series of radical changes, not all of which have been well received. The latest development, announced on July 1st, is a limit on the number of posts that users can view in a day. For verified users, the limit is set at 6,000 tweets, 600 for unverified users, and a mere 300 for new, unverified accounts.
In his announcement, Musk didn’t define what constitutes a ‘view’ or a ‘post’. It seems replies count towards the limit, but ads may not. As for ‘viewing’, it... Continue reading
- Indie Studio Twice Different Takes Winnie the Pooh to Terrifying Heights with "Winnie's Hole" Since Winnie the Pooh entered the public domain in 2022, indie creators have seized this opportunity to reimagine the beloved honey-guzzling bear in unusual and oftentimes, horrifying ways. Australian indie studio Twice Different takes it a step further with their upcoming Steam game, "Winnie's Hole."
The recently announced title presents a bizarre and terrifying concept: players take on the role of a virus within Winnie the Pooh that turns him into a grotesque monster reminiscent of Resident Evil. As the infection spreads, Pooh's body steadily morphs, sprouting multiple limbs, eyes, and mouths – resulting in distorted representations of the once-chubby yellow... Continue reading
- AI Chatbot on Instagram: Enhancing User Experience with a Personalized Touch As revealed in a screenshot by leaker and reverse engineer Alessandro Paluzzi, Instagram seems to be developing a game-changing feature: an AI chatbot integration. This novel addition promises to drastically improve user experience, making interactions on the platform more engaging and personalized.
According to the leaked information, this AI chatbot aims to cater to various aspects of communication for users. From answering questions and offering advice to engaging in conversations with users, the chatbot harbors up to 30 distinct AI personalities for optimal customization. Users can choose their preferred personality, tailoring the assistance they receive according to their individual style.
In addition... Continue reading